Please report to the registration desk inside the Evansville Surgery Center on the day you are scheduled for surgery.Important Points to Remember:
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home, including watches and money.
- If you have body piercing, please leave your jewelry at home.
- Please bring your insurance card.
- A responsible adult must drive you to and from ESC.
- You may wish to bring a pillow and a blanket for your ride home.
When You Arrive
After you check in at the registration desk, the RN will take you to the pre-admission area. Here she will review your health history, medications, previous surgeries, check your blood pressure, heart rate and temperature, and answer your questions about your procedure and after-care.
Your Anesthesiologist will see you in the pre-op area, review your health history, answer your questions, and walk you to the operating room.
A friend or family member may stay with you until you go into the operating room area.
You are the most important person in the operating room. Your comfort and safety are our top priority.
The operating room nurse will greet you and assist you onto the table, make you comfortable, and apply monitors. An intravenous (IV) will be started. The nurse will stay with you throughout your procedure.